Our mission is to drive seafood supply chain oversight at scale, retain value in the supply chain for members buying and selling shrimp and tuna products to trade with confidence.
The Seafood Task Force is an initiative for the seafood industry by the seafood industry.
The Seafood Task Force is a non-profit, US trade association built on the necessity for better transparency and oversight in seafood supply chains.
Our vision is a future where seafood supply chains of our members are fully traceable, free from the risk of human rights violations and free from environmental degradation.
- Listen and seek to understand.
- Always be a well-balanced group with stakeholders in ethics, fisheries and aquaculture supply chains.
- Take a step-by-step approach.
- Abide by a clearly defined scope.
- Don’t let perfection get in the way of progress.
- Employ measurable, clear and auditable metrics (and drive technological solutions too).
- Utilize open source, clearly documented and scalable protocols so that models and outputs can be easily adapted.
- Ensure that there is a clearly defined membership process with appropriate Terms of Reference and Governance auditing the ways of working.
- Use the Task Force’s collective purchasing influence as a lever to engage with government to drive urgent actions.
- Make things happen.